I just love when babies start saying their first words. Graeyson is sputtering out words like crazy now! He says dog, apple, hi, bye, Lola (our dog) and doggie. Sometimes it is just bits of the words, but he is definitely trying to say them!
He is even doing a bit of sign language. He can sign diaper, eat, milk, drink, please, thank you and all done. Little Graey is a smarty pants! Teaching him sign language, or at least the sign language that we know, has been such a huge help for us to communicate with Graey. We have less tantrums and less screaming because he is able to tell us what he wants. It has been our saving grace!
While my little bundle of joy was sleeping today, I wanted to use up some of these sweet brown bananas. I was thinking banana and chocolate. Yes, banana and chocolate loaf! Yes, yes, yes! You guys, this is totally healthy too! No refined sugars, white flours or unhealthy chocolate. This loaf is so flakey and tender you wont believe its actually good for you. If you can’t eat it all in one sitting then you can freeze the other half for later, but I highly doubt you will need to do that!
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 cups banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup +2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 -3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take out two bowls
- In one bowl mix together the dry ingredients (minus the chocolate chips)
- In the second bowl mix together the wet ingredients
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Grease a loaf pan and pour the mixture into the pan
- Bake for 50-55 minutes