Happy Saturday everyone!
My husband’s Grandmother is in town which means we are eating every hour and what we are eating is not what I would call “clean.” She lives in Norway and only comes out about once a year. Last time she was here I was 9 months pregnant with Graeyson. This is the first time she has met our little man and I must say she is in love!
This salad has been my saving grace this week. Like I said before we haven’t been eating the best of the best! Everything is homemade, but there are a lot of creams, butter and oil. I know it’s not the best for you, but she twists your arm until it almost breaks! You just can’t say no to her.
I have been eating my delicious Sesame Edamame Salad everyday for lunch to help get my veggies in. It is so good! So many flavors, crunchy veggies, yummy sesame sauce, mmm mmm all the way home!
- 4 radishes
- 3 celery ribs
- 1/2 parsnip
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 cups edamame (shelled)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro (depending on your taste preference for cilantro), leaves only finely chopped
- 3 kale leaves, stems removed and leaves chopped (use only the leaves, not the stems)
- 1 teaspoon sesame chili oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (white or black)
- Using a Cuisinart with the slicing blade intact slice the radishes, celery, parsnip and bell pepper
- In a large bowl pour all of the salad ingredients in and mix until everything is evenly dispersed
- In a small bowl add all of the dressing ingredients and mix well
- Pour over the salad and mix well