Holy moly bowl of amazingness!
I absolutely love zucchini noodles. Have you ever had zucchini noodles? I love how easy they can be used to replace pasta. I have used them as a pasta, lasagna and now as an add in!
But, here is the real question –> Have you ever had carrot noodles? Carrot noodles? How is that even possible! This gives the dish a nice light sweet flavor. You’ve got to try them!
You guys, seriously, the colors that the zucchini and carrot gives is off the hook. That’s still cool to say, right? Plus, I love the meals that just automatically have vegetables in them. That is the worst when you have this gorgeous meal done and then you think oh crunky dunk I totally forgot a vegetable! Hmm.. how about carrot sticks for dinner. Ha! I have seriously done that. Applesauce is a vegetable too, right? Hey, you get desperate sometimes!
These sesame noodles have your good carbs, veggies, protein and the whole thing comes together in 30 minutes!
Enjoy and have a wonderful week!
- 2 carrots, peeled (See note above)
- 2 zucchini, peeled (See note above)
- 1/2 pound whole wheat or gluten free spaghetti, cooked
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame chili oil (or chili oil)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 2 green onion stalks, finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons granulated Xylitol
- 1-2 teaspoons red chili flakes, depending on how spicy you like it (1 teaspoon is very mild)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon black or white sesame seeds (I used both)
- Salt to taste
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the melted coconut (grapeseed or any other mild oil that you have on hand), sesame oil, brown rice vinegar, sesame chili oil, Coconut Aminos, green onions, garlic, Xylitol, red chili flakes, coconut sugar and salt to the bowl and mix well
- In a large pot add your cooked pasta (if it isn’t in there already!), carrot and zucchini ribbons, diced chicken and the sesame sauce that you prepared in the medium sized bowl
- Gently mix until everything has been coated in the sauce
- Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the vegetable ribbons are cooked to al dente.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve!