Wasn’t this just the best weekend! An extra day makes the weekend feel like the right amount of time. Two days isn’t really enough, right? Two days isn’t enough time to do much else but housework. It seems like we go, go, go all week long and then all we do is clean and cook on the weekends. Well, some people sleep. What is that like? Ah, to sleep all day long. Oh well, for now life is go, go, go.
The extra day is nice to have so that we can spend the more time with our friends and family. In this day and age that doesn’t happen enough. Plus, we get to eat yummy food! We had my Baked Dill Salmon for dinner. Atlantic salmon is so good I can’t stand it!
Toward the end of the week I was running out of things in my fridge, but I was able to whip this up with what was left in my fridge and pantry. You probably have all of these ingredients right at home and it gives you a chance to use up all of your leftover food. You could really use any meat that you have leftover. Just chop it or shred it up and throw it in!
The best part of this meal is that it is ready in under 30 minutes and it only gets one pot dirty! If you like enchiladas, chili, and macaroni and cheese, then this is for you! If not, make it and bring it over to me!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups of cooked chicken, shredded (I used rotisserie)
- 1- 15 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 1/2 cups dried spiral pasta (I used Tinkyada gluten free)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained (not rinsed)
- 1 can black beans, drained (not rinsed)
- 1 can pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese or cheddar cheese
- Optional : garnish with cilantro, parsley, or green onions
- In a large pot melt the coconut oil
- Add in the garlic and onions and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes
- Add in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the last three (olives, cheese, garnish)
- Cook on medium high heat, covered, until the noodles are al dente, about 15 minutes
- Then turn off the heat and stir in the cheese and olives
- Allow everything to set for a couple minutes.
- Then garnish and serve!