Can you believe it is almost Summer! I know that we still have 2 months, but I am ready for it now. All this time in San Diego is making me want Summer like yesterday! With Summertime comes less clothing time, meaning we have got to get into shape! We have to start eating lots of veggies to make our tummies go away. I am so excited this year because I am not 1 month post-pregnancy. So I will actually be able to fit into shorts or a bathing suit.
I love everything about Summer! The BBQ’s, the late sunsets, the water and all of the fellowship that comes with it. What is your favorite part about summer?
Here is the perfect meal to help you cleanse and shed some of those unwanted love handles. Don’t be mistaken flavor is not lacking here. It is so crunchy, hearty, filling and has flavor pouring out the brim! This salad is packed with nutrition and I promise you wont even feel like it is “diet food.” This is a great summer food because it will keep you lean but it is also really cool and refreshing!
Just make sure to pour the dressing on as needed so that it doesn’t get soggy!
Happy Friday everyone!!
- For the salad:
- 1 cup red cabbage, grated
- 3/4 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup cilantro, leaves chopped only
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup unsalted almonds, smashed or cut up and toasted on 350 degrees with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and a pinch of salt for about 8 minutes until browned. Make sure to flip them every couple minutes
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame chili oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take out two large bowls and a whisk
- In the first bowl add all of the salad ingredients listed, except the almonds. (#1-6)
- In the second bowl add all of the sauce ingredients (#8-17) and whisk away!
- Pour the dressing on top just before serving (so it doesn’t get soggy!) or have everyone pour their own dressing.
- Top with the almonds.