Made only with the healthiest ingredients, these pancakes are sure to please your family! Pst! And they won’t even know they are good for you!
Who knew it was made with spelt, oats, is non-dairy, has no added sugars and STILL tastes amazing! These pancakes have a rich, buttery, sweet flavor that will keep you wanting more. Lets just say we didn’t have leftovers…
And don’t get me started on the Blueberry Compote! Wow! It has such a rich flavor and the tiny bit of agave softens the tang so you are left with a warm well rounded compote.
I am the chocolate fiend and my husband is the blueberry fiend. I once bought 12 pints of blueberries and he ate them in two days!!! He will eat them anytime, anywhere and for any reason. He will pour them on anything, eat them with anything… I mean you know the girl from Willy Wonka that turned into a blueberry? That would be my husband if I didn’t stop him from eating them.
My husband’s family is from Norway. In the past when we have visited we have gone blueberry picking. Everyone will come back with buckets of fresh blueberries. My husband will come back with buckets, in his belly. They never actually make it to the bucket. Oy vey! As the Norwegians would say. Meaning, oh my goodness!
I guess there are worse addictions…
At this point you probably could guess who these were made for and who was pacing and pacing waiting for me to get the pictures over with so he could eat them. I don’t think he even was breathing while he ate them. Did he even taste them? I mean what is the point of eating something if you can’t even taste it.
Try to breathe as you eat these, please!
Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry Compote:
Yield: 5-5 inch pancakes Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup spelt
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Coconut oil or cooking spray for cooking pancakes if desired. I was able to cook them with and without oil just fine with a non-stick skillet.
Yield: 1/2 cup Prep and cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon agave
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the coconut oil, lemon juice, almond milk and egg.
- In a second medium-sized bowl mix together the coconut flour, spelt, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Once it is mixed add the remaining dry ingredients to the batter.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- If using oil or spray prepare your skillet and pour pancake mixture until you have reached your desired pancake size.
- Keep the pancakes on medium heat and cook for about two minutes each side depending on your size pancake. You will know when to flip because the bottom edges of the pancake will start to turn light brown.
- In between cooking your pancakes , start making the blueberry compote. Measure one cup of frozen blueberries and one tablespoon of agave and put in a small saucepan over medium heat. Continually stir the compote. As you stir the compote gently smash your blueberries. Once the blueberries start bursting a looking syrupy your compote is finished. It will take about five minutes.