Meatballs and Pesto Zucchini Pasta:
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley
- 1 ¼ cup of fresh breadcrumbs (I used garlic sourdough bread)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ medium-sized sweet onion, chopped
- 1/3 Cup almond milk
- ¼ Cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oilve oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves
- ½ Cup organic olive oil
- ¼ Cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- small pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
4 medium-sized organic zucchini 2 tablespoons olive oil Small pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sautee’ your chopped onion and minced garlic for about 5 minutes with 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil.
- Once the onions and garlic are cooked put them in a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Form 12 meatballs using your hands and placing them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 16 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth or desired texture is reached.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a skillet and cook on medium heat for two minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
- Combine half of the pesto mixture with the zucchini noodles until thoroughly combined. Add more pesto if desired. Put the rest of the pesto in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days or pour a little olive oil on the top and freeze it for up to six months. Place meatballs on top. You could top with more pesto and/or parmesan cheese if desired.