Happy Tuesday! Here is a picture of how our Monday wrapped up..literally!
I don’t know about you, but I am so tired of all this junk food! I have been eating very “clean” for probably the past 8 years and my body just doesn’t function on anything else. It’s like putting junk in my gas tank- it just wont go!
So to try to cleanse it out a little I made this all meat and all veggie dinner. Nothing else. Practically perfectly paleo. Doesn’t it look amazing! Yes- because it is . The best part is that you can actually do this ahead of time! You could probably even roll it up ahead of time. It is very very quick once you get the veggies cut up.
Not only do they look really cool, but they taste insanely good. I was literally salivating looking at the pictures… Oops!
- For the roll ups:
- 1 1/2 pounds of THIN top round steak (1/4 inch) (Marinade in the sauce for at least 2 hours and up to overnight) Each package I bought contained two steaks and I cut each in half length wise
- 2 small zucchinis, cut in half and then cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends cut off and cut asparagus in half
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 8 ounces pineapple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar OR sucanat, OR brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- MAKE SURE TO MARINADE YOUR MEAT FOR AT LEAST 2 HOURS.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet
- Add carrots and asparagus to the skillet and cook them on medium heat for about 2 minutes
- Add the rest of the vegetables to the skillet and cook another 2 minutes
- Add in the pineapple and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the veggies are somewhat tender- not soft!
- Take out the meat and fill each filet with the vegetable mix, then pin it with about three toothpicks
- Set them on a pan, grill pan, or if you are brave the BBQ!
- I cooked mine on a grill pan and poured the marinade over the whole thing
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side